For any business to conclude, it takes two parties to fulfill their end of the contract. In an import/export business model, the exporter has to ship the goods to the importer receive a payment for the goods in return. Every good requires a different mode of shipping and storage conditions. Hence, all these factors must be kept in mind while choosing the most suited method for your goods.
What are perishable goods?
Perishable are goods that can easily and quickly spoil, hence, have a small shelf life. These goods require sensitive care and need to be shipped to the exporter as fast as possible. Hence, the most suited way for an exporter to ship such goods from India to Europe is via air. It is not only the fastest means to transport perishable goods, but also the safest means as well.
Pre-requisites to export perishable goods from India to Europe via air freight-
Getting an Importer-Exported Code (IEC) Number- IEC contains a 10 digit business ID number which is given by Directorate General of Foreign Trade (DGFT). Only after availing an IEC number, you are permitted to export and import across international borders.
Obtaining an IEC number is a need for anybody to start export and import activities according to the Foreign Trade Policy.
Getting a Registration Cum Membership Certificate (RCMC)- Export Promotion Councils or Commodity Boards of India issue a RCMC as a proof of DGFT membership for 5 years. You require this certificate if
● You are dealing in restricted goods.
● You are applying for any concession under the Foreign Trade Policy.
International air freight and customs clearance agent- An international air freight and customs clearance agent plays a vital role in exporting your goods across international borders. That is why it is important for you get in touch with a reliable international cargo flight service provider for timely delivery of perishable goods.
Process to ship perishable goods via international flight from India to Europe
1. Making reservation- Make a reservation with the international freight forwarding services provider and handover the goods to them
2.Arranging transportation- Arrangement of transportation of goods to international air express cargo services provider’s warehouse.
3. Documentation- The next step is to process the documents.
4. Customs clearance- Once the documentation is complete, they are submitted with the customs authorities to get custom clearance.
5. Goods handover- After getting the custom clearance, goods are handed over to the airlines/ship dock.
6. Delivery of goods- Handing over of goods is followed by delivery of goods to the destination location.
7. Post-shipments formalities– Upon reaching the destination, post-shipment documentation is carried.
8. Final delivery to the importer- After following this process, the last step is transport the goods to the importer’s warehouse.
Operating in the industry of perishable goods is a high risk task for all the parties involved in the trade. Hence, great attention to detail is required at all the steps of the process. Choose your international cargo air flight service provider carefully kepping all your requirements in mind.